WE’RE HERE TO HELP – CONTACT US NOW!a
ABU DHABI BUSINESS TRADE LICENSE
A Business Trade License in Abu Dhabi is a document that grants permission to individuals or companies to engage in commercial activities within the emirate. It is issued by the Department of Economic Development (DED) and is necessary for conducting business operations in Abu Dhabi.
The type of licence granted depends on the nature of the business, such as a general trading licence, industrial licence, service licence, or e-commerce licence.
Application for a suitable type of licence for business activities should be made at the time of company registration. For more information refer to the Abu Dhabi company formation page.
HOW TO GET A TRADE LICENSE IN ABU DHABI
- The business owner must choose a licence type that he wants to apply for.
- A maximum of ten activities are allowed per licence. So, the business owner must narrow down the business activities that he wants to conduct in Abu Dhabi.
- After that, an appropriate business structure such as LLC, Sole proprietorship, etc. Must be chosen by the business owner.
- The business owner will have to choose a suitable trade name for the company following the rules of permitted names by the UAE government.
- An application must be submitted for initial approval by the DED.
- The trade name must be registered after receiving the initial approval.
- The business owner must sign a Memorandum of Association(MOA)
- To obtain a tenancy contract, the business owner must decide on a suitable location for the business.
- The applicant must prepare all the documents including the Memorandum of Association and application form and it must be submitted to the DED for final approval.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO GET AN ABU DHABI TRADE LICENSE
- Certificate of trade name
- Shareholders signed licensing form
- Copies of the passports of all shareholders
- Copy of naturalisation certificate
- A letter from the Ministry of Economy and Planning that authorises the company formation
- Copy of the residence permit
- A letter approving proposed business activities signed by the authorities
- Clearance and no objections from the applicant’s local sponsor in the form of a letter
- A copy of the Memorandum of Association
- A copy of the letter from the bank that verifies the claimed finances of the company
- A copy of the applicant’s tenancy contract
TYPES OF TRADE LICENCE IN ABU DHABI
Numerous actions that qualify as business operations are listed by the Department of Economic Development (DED). The following six activities, however, have been classified in the specialised category for activities requiring licences and permits provided by the government to corporate organisations. Abu Dhabi TRade License categories are listed below.
The DED issues industrial licences to business owners who establish factories and manufacturing facilities for conducting business in Abu Dhabi. These business owners mostly participate in trade-related and industrial supply chain operations as third-party suppliers.
Business activities that come under this licence are mainly those listed below.
- Run a factory
- Manufacture goods
- Sell goods for profit
A professional licence is given to people like consultants, auditors, and lawyers whose jobs depend on their intellectual prowess, academic achievements, and scientific aptitude.
Business activities that come under this licence.
- Teach privately or with an institution
- Practice Law as an individual or firm
- Audit firms as an individual or with an organisation
It is basically the licence that individuals who are skilled in academic fields need to obtain.
Owners of businesses that specialise in tourist activities, such as restaurants, hotels, travel agencies, etc., are given a tourism licence, which is also occasionally referred to as a hospitality services licence.
Business activities that come under this licence are:
- Run a hotel
- Start a travel agency
- Run a restaurant
Transportation services, export and import firms, real estate, infrastructure services, medical clinics, pharmacies, and hospitals are commercial operations that need a commercial trade licence in Abu Dhabi.
The DED grants this licence to establish a distinct line between what qualifies as a commercial activity needing a specialised commercial licence and what qualifies as an industrial activity needing an industrial licence.
Business activities that come under this licence are mainly the following.
- General Trading
- Real Estate
An agricultural trade licence in Abu Dhabi is a type of commercial licence that allows individuals or companies to engage in the buying and selling of agricultural goods, such as crops and livestock, within the emirate.
Business activities that come under this licence are:
- Crop irrigation
- Poultry farming
- Cattle rearing
- Fisheries, and livestock farming.
Professionals who run service-based businesses entirely based on their expertise and craft are granted this licence. It is given to people who specialise in delivering services.
Business activities that come under this licence are:
Tajer Abu Dhabi
Tajer License Abu Dhabi, formerly known as Abu Dhabi Trader License, is a game-changer for businesses in the UAE. Launched in 2017, it offers a convenient and flexible way to obtain a trade licence without the need for a physical location.
With Tajer License Abu Dhabi, businesses can conduct their operations from anywhere, making it easier to start and grow their business. Experience the benefits of this innovative solution and take your business to the next level with Tajer License Abu Dhabi.
Tajer License Abu Dhabi is open to a variety of businesses, including both local and foreign investors. The eligibility criteria may vary depending on the type of business, but in general, the following entities can apply for a Tajer License:
- Sole Proprietorships
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- Free Zone Companies
- Foreign Companies with a branch in the UAE
- Companies owned by individuals or partnerships
In addition to these general criteria, there may be specific requirements and restrictions based on the nature of the business and the regulations in place in the Abu Dhabi Emirate. It is advisable to consult with a consultant or lawyer to understand the specific requirements and eligibility criteria for your business.
RENEWAL OF BUSINESS LICENSE IN ABU DHABI
- The applicant must submit all the required documents to DED.
- These documents include a valid tenancy contract, an attestation letter from Ejari – Dubai Land Department confirming the validity of the tenancy contract, a Typed BR/1 form, a Photocopy of the current Trade License, Photocopies of passports of all the stakeholders.
- After submitting the documents, the applicant must wait for approval.
- After that, the applicant will receive a fee voucher and has to pay the required fee for licence renewal.
- After paying the fee, the Trade License will be received in print form from DED.
BENEFITS OF GETTING A BUSINESS TRADE LICENSE IN ABU DHABI
Increase in Local and International Trade
A Trade License increases opportunities for the business to manufacture and import goods. The business owner is allowed to sell the product in Dubai Local Market or export it abroad and earn more profits.
Also, with a Trade License, business owners can re-export their goods internationally.
A trade licence will help the business to gain credibility and earn trust in the concerned market.
Applying for Visa
Investors can easily apply for dependents’ and workers’ visas if they have a trading licence in Abu Dhabi. These traders can sponsor their families and obtain a UAE visa without too much trouble.
CHOOSE RELIN CONSULTANTS TO HELP YOU GET A TRADING LICENCE IN ABU DHABI
The process of applying for a Trade License is not very complex. Our team at Relin Consultants will help get a suitable Trading Licence for your business in Abu Dhabi.
You can focus on running your business efficiently without having to worry about the paperwork and managing the documents as our team of professionals at Relin Consultants will take care of that.
Reach out to us at Relin Consultants to know more about your Abu Dhabi Trading License requirements.
How to apply for an Abu Dhabi trade licence?
You can apply for an Abu Dhabi Trade License by following these steps –
- Choose a business type
- Narrow down business activities as only 10 activities are allowed per licence
- Choose an appropriate business structure
- Choose a suitable trade name by following the rules of permitted names by the UAE government
- Send an application to DED for initial approval
- Register the trade name after receiving the approval
- Complete the Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Decide a suitable business location to obtain a tenancy contract
- Prepare and submit all the documents to DED for final approval of the Trade licence.
How can I get an Abu Dhabi business licence?
You can get a business licence in Abu Dhabi by following the steps listed above.
How much does a business licence cost in Abu Dhabi?
The cost of the business licence depends on the types of business activities and licence type.
Which law regulates the issuance of all licences in Abu Dhabi?
The issuance of all licences in Abu Dhabi is regulated by the Department of Economic Development (DED) under the jurisdiction of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. The DED is responsible for issuing business licences and permits, and enforcing the regulations and laws related to business activities in the emirate. Law No. (2) For the Year 2009 governs the Issuance of licences in Abu Dhabi.
Do small businesses need a licence in Abu Dhabi?
Small businesses in Abu Dhabi may need a licence depending on the nature of the business and the location. In general, businesses that are considered to be low-risk and have a low impact on the community do not require a licence. However, businesses that are considered to be a higher risk or have a greater impact on the community will require a licence.
How can I get a business licence online in Abu Dhabi?
In Abu Dhabi, you can apply for a business licence online through the Department of Economic Development (DED) e-services portal. The process for obtaining a business licence online typically includes the following steps:
- Register for an e-services account on the DED website
- Fill out an online application form and submit the required documents
- Pay the necessary fees
- Wait for approval and receive your business licence electronically.
How many types of Abu Dhabi licences are there?
There are 6 types of business licences available in Abu Dhabi. They are Industrial licence, Professional License, Tourism License, Commercial licence, Agriculture licence, and Craftsmanship licence.
Which is the cheapest trade licence in Abu Dhabi?
The cost of a trade licence in Abu Dhabi can vary depending on the type of business and the location. Generally, licences for small, low-risk businesses will be less expensive than those for larger, higher-risk businesses.
Is a trade licence mandatory in Abu Dhabi?
A trade licence is mandatory in Abu Dhabi for most types of businesses. The Department of Economic Development (DED) is responsible for issuing trade licences and enforcing the regulations and laws related to business activities in the emirate.
According to the DED, certain types of businesses are required to have a trade licence, including companies that engage in commercial activities, professional services, and industrial activities.