BANGLADESH TIN AND e-TIN REGISTRATION
WHAT ARE TIN AND E-TIN IN BANGLADESH?
The Bangladesh tax authorities implemented a Tax Identity Number (TIN) system to trace tax payments to the government. This identification number is issued to either an individual or a Bangladeshi business.
Applicants will receive a TIN certificate from the National Board of Revenue (NBR) on successful registration. In Bangladesh, one can apply to NBR for a TIN certificate by physically visiting the branch or online. If an applicant obtains the TIN certificate in Bangladesh electronically, it is called E-TIN.
Although an E-TIN certificate is not mandatory for a corporate bank account opening, it is required if the applicant wants to apply for a bank loan. The government offers several incentives and rewards to various professionals and small business owners at various times, none of which are accessible without TIN.
Non-resident applicants are not entitled to apply through Bangladesh’s online tax registration system. Private limited companies must have a local registered office address to qualify for the application for an E-TIN.
WHO IS REQUIRED TO HAVE A TIN CERTIFICATE IN BANGLADESH
- If an individual’s total income for a given tax year exceeds the maximum exempt amount allowed by the income tax ordinance.
- If the basic income of a person working in a public office is BDT 16,000 or higher per month, the individual must file an income tax return and apply for a TIN certificate to do so.
- Individual who possesses an automobile.
- Individual who possesses a membership in a club that is VAT-registered.
- Individuals who run any enterprise or profession for which a city corporation, a Paurashava, or a Union Parishad have been granted a trade license.
- Individuals who registered with the Board as an Income Tax Practitioner or registered with a recognized professional organization as a Doctor, Dentist, Lawyer, Chartered Accountant, Cost and Management Accountant, Engineer, Architect, or Surveyor.
- Individual who possesses a membership in a business or trade organization or chamber of commerce.
- Individual who runs for a position in the City Corporation, as a Paurashava, or as a Member of Parliament.
- An individual who participates in a tender launched by a local authority, an autonomous body, a government, or a semi-government.
- Private limited companies, irrespective of whether foreign or locally owned, must apply for a TIN Certificate. There is no need to produce a TIN Certificate while opening a bank account. However, there may be certain benefits on interest for obtaining a TIN Certificate.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR AN E-TIN CERTIFICATE IN BANGLADESH
To register for the TIN certificate, individual applicants can visit the National revenue board website.
The application can be completed by filling out the registration form and providing the following information.
- User ID
- Security Question
- Valid Bangladesh mobile number
- Email address
Private limited companies applying for TIN Certificates are recommended to engage a professional firm such as Relin Consultants to assist with the application process as the application requires additional information and steps.
Required Documents For Applying TIN Certificates Manually In Bangladesh
- A copy of the Trade License
- Personal details of the director
- Copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association (If Company)
- Bank Solvency Certificate(If Company or Proprietorship)
- Three copies of the photograph of the Owner (If Proprietorship)
- Three copies of the photograph of the Managing Director (If the Company)
- Three copies of the photograph (If Person), National ID/ Passport copy of the Entrepreneur
- Mobile phone number
- Incorporation number of the company
- Date of incorporation of the company
HOW RELIN CONSULTANTS CAN ASSIST YOU IN OBTAINING A TIN CERTIFICATE IN BANGLADESH
Relin Consultants team will prepare all the application forms required for the TIN certificate. Our team will review your company’s corporate documents and provide you with the required documents.
Our consultants will visit the national revenue board and submit the TIN certificate application. The TIN certificate will be issued within 1 to 2 business days. Our team will share the TIN certificate once the authorities issue the certificate.
How can get my E-TIN certificate in Bangladesh?
The National Board of Revenue (NBR) is the only agency in Bangladesh authorized to issue Tax Identification Numbers (TIN). Qualifying applicants can apply physically or electronically through the National Board of Revenue for a Tax Identification Number.
How can I download my E-TIN certificate?
Visit the following link to register for an E-TIN certificate once you complete mobile OTP verification and account registration. You can apply for e-TIN registration by clicking the TIN application tab. You can download your TIN certificate after successfully registering.
How can I get a TIN certificate online?
To get a TIN certificate online, you must go to e-Return and log in using your TIN and registered phone number to obtain the certificate.
How long does it take to get a TIN certificate?
E-Tin certificates can be obtained in just one day.
Is E-TIN the same as Tax ID?
Yes, E-TIN and Tax ID are the same.
Businesses of all sizes are now utilizing outsourcing payroll services. The way small and midsize businesses conduct their business has taken on a new dimension as a result. Would it make sense for your company to outsource payroll? Here are a few explanations for why so many people have opted for outsourcing payroll services. 10 [...]
IRAS created and developed the Singapore GST Assisted Self-help Kit (GST ASK) to help businesses review the accuracy of their GST submissions and quickly find and fix previous GST problems. In order to avoid the fines that are frequently imposed for any inaccurate GST reporting, it also enables the business to discover the problems and [...]
South Korea free economic zones (KFEZ) aim to increase regional and national commercial competition and foster balanced regional growth. This project is being managed by Korea's economic zone planning office. The Korean government offers a range of tax advantages to foreign businesses and individuals, as well as a less demanding regulatory framework, a comfortable way [...]