Companies interested in operating an e-commerce business in Abu Dhabi must get an e-commerce license Abu Dhabi from the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development (ADDED) in collaboration with the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA). This license is known as Tajer Abu Dhabi.
This license is beneficial to both existing business owners and those who wish to enter the business sector. Running firms could incorporate internet services into their marketing or service mix, while new enterprises can get authorization to operate and promote their business online. Companies may promote themselves by using the eCommerce mark and their license serial number.
WHY IS AN E-COMMERCE LICENSE THE MOST POPULAR IN ABU DHABI?
From fashion to cuisine, cell phones to smart education, this industry is thriving in the UAE. The new generation of clientele expects easy-to-use online services that make life in Abu Dhabi easier. This offers a more convenient and profitable company setup in Abu Dhabi.
According to global economists, e-commerce has also significantly improved and altered clients’ level of living as well as their lifestyles. Among the notable businesses that use online platforms are:
- Food delivery services
- Grocery delivery services
- Electronic, fashion retails
- Business set-up services
- Travel and accommodation services
- Accessories and merchandise
- Consultancy services
- Medical services
WHAT IS AN E-TRADE LICENSE IN ABU DHABI
Individuals and corporations who endorse and sell products online through websites or social media can apply for an E-trade license. Any online sales performed using a valid social media account require a valid E-trader license.
This comprises stay-at-home mothers and housewives who sell handcrafted crafts, fashion apparel, jewellery, and other goods and services on various online platforms. Trader licenses are offered in Abu Dhabi for home-based firms that do not require office space. There is no need for Ejari documentation. E-trader licenses are available to freelancers who offer a variety of digital services.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR AN E-COMMERCE LICENSE IN ABU DHABI?
Tajer Abu Dhabi was initially limited to UAE nationals and 100 business activities that did not require a physical presence when it initially launched in 2017. However, the list was quickly expanded. The current number of activities permitted by the license is 1057. All of these firms do not require a lease or Articles of Association.
Businesses that obtain a license will be able to import and export commodities, open a commercial bank account, conduct financial transactions, and work with and under Government organizations.
E-COMMERCE LICENSE COST IN ABU DHABI
The licensing price for Tajer Abu Dhabi is determined by the type of business activity you wish to conduct. Each sort of business has a separate charge. In general, the Tajer Abu Dhabi fee is much lower than that of a typical brick and mortar establishment. The following are some examples of Tajer licensing fees:
|Online Gaming Services||AED 1,500|
|Sports Consultancy and Studies||AED 2,500|
|Account Auditing||AED 2,500|
|Real Estate Consultancy||AED 2,500|
|Web Hosting||AED 3,500|
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR AN E-COMMERCE LICENSE
- Copy of visa status/entry stamp
- A passport-sized photograph
- Other documentation may be required depending on the activities
- Passport copies of the shareholders
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN E-COMMERCE LICENSE IN ABU DHABI?
- The applicant must pick what form of legal entity or legal structure they want for the company. It could be a Limited Liability Company (LLC), a branch of an existing company, or a sole proprietorship.
- They must also choose whether they want to establish the business on the mainland or in a free zone.
- The applicant must register a brandable and catchy trade name or company name. Because they will be selling things online, they must select a suitable domain name.
- To obtain an eCommerce license, they must contact the Department of Economic Development (DED) or the free zone authorities. The kind of license they receive will be determined by the type of online business the applicant intends to open.
- The applicant should submit an application for the initial approval certificate which is valid for six months.
- They should identify a suitable location for the office. According to UAE government regulations, having a physical office is a mandatory requirement for the company to be established as a legal organization.
- After the applicant has completed all of the requirements and the application process, they will receive the eCommerce license in approximately one week.
ADVANTAGES OF OBTAINING AN E-COMMERCE LICENSE IN ABU DHABI
- The strategic location of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) presents it as a crossroads between the East and the West. Because of its outstanding accessibility to key global markets, the UAE is an attractive center for e-commerce enterprises targeting customers in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia.
- Abu Dhabi has a world-class infrastructure, including cutting-edge logistics and transportation systems. This well-developed infrastructure allows efficient supply chain management and order fulfillment, both of which are important for e-commerce success.
- By establishing an e-commerce firm in Abu Dhabi, the applicant has access to a diversified and affluent customer base in the UAE and around the region. The UAE’s population is made up of many ethnicities with variable purchasing power, creating numerous prospects for corporate growth and expansion.
- While there are costs associated with establishing a business in any country, Abu Dhabi offers very low establishment charges and quick registration procedures when compared to many other jurisdictions. This enables enterprises to begin operations with a lower financial barrier.
- If you are interested in knowing more about forming a business in Abu Dhabi, refer to our Abu Dhabi business incorporation page.
- The government of Abu Dhabi actively supports and encourages the growth of the e-commerce sector. Grants, accelerators, and incubators are among the programs and incentives available to help startups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) succeed.
Reach out to us at Relin Consultants for further assistance with obtaining your e-commerce license in Abu Dhabi.
What kind of license is required to start an e-commerce business in Abu Dhabi?
To start an e-commerce business, you must first obtain an Abu Dhabi E-commerce license.
How much does an E-commerce license in Abu Dhabi cost?
In Abu Dhabi, an E-commerce license costs approximately AED 5500.
What kinds of e-commerce operations are permitted under the license?
E-commerce licenses often include a wide range of online activities, such as selling goods or services online, operating an online marketplace, or providing digital items or subscriptions.
In Abu Dhabi, where should one apply for an e-commerce license?
The applicant will have to submit an application to the Department of Economic Development.
Who is eligible to apply for an e-commerce license?
Individuals, startups, SMEs, and foreign corporations can apply for the license if they want to launch an e-commerce firm in Abu Dhabi. The particular eligibility criteria and restrictions may differ based on the type and structure of the firm.