Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) – Apply Now

  • Post category:Singapore

A Long Term Visit Pass Singapore may be required if a foreign person plans to stay in Singapore for more than 30 days.

All You Need to Know About a Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)

There are two different Singaporean authorities that issue different LTVP categories. Different application procedures and eligibility conditions apply.


The first type of LTVP

The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) is the organisation that issues the first type of LTVP. (ICA). It functions as an addition to an active Short-Term Visit Pass. It is offered to foreign travellers who wish to stay in Singapore for a period of time more than the 30 days permitted by the Short-Term Visit Pass.

The second type of LTVP

The second form of LTVP is provided by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) to relatives of overseas employees who do not meet the requirements for the Dependent Pass but wish to relocate to Singapore with their relatives.


Long-Term Visit Pass issued by ICA

  • the spouse of a permanent resident or citizen of Singapore
  • the dependent kid (under 21) of a permanent resident or Singaporean citizen
  • a Singaporean citizen or permanent resident’s parent
  • a graduate seeking employment in Singapore after graduating from a higher education institution
  • a foreigner’s mother or grandmother who has a student pass and is residing in Singapore
  • International woman seeking to give birth in Singapore

Long-Term Visit Pass issued by the MOM

If a foreign worker on a work visa in Singapore wants to bring their partner or dependent kid along with them, they can do so by requesting a Dependent Pass.

The Dependant Pass is not available to family members who are not a legal spouse or dependent child (under 21). They require a Long Term Visit Pass instead.

The Ministry of Manpower issues both the Dependant Pass and the LTVP for family members of overseas employees.

A foreign employee can bring their family member to Singapore with an LTVP only if:

  • They are in possession of an EntrePass, S Pass, PEP, or Singapore Employment Pass (EP).
  • Holders of an EP, PEP, or S Pass must earn a fixed monthly wage of at least S$6,000.
  • A Singaporean corporation is its sponsor (employer).
  • Holders of EntrePass must satisfy Singapore’s yearly expenditure requirements (minimum S$100,000) and local employment requirements. (at least 3 full-time local employees and 1 local professional, manager, or executive).

Additionally, they are allowed to bring their:

  • Common-law partner.
  • A child older than 21 if the youngster is dependent on their parents due to a mental or physical condition.
  • Underage unmarried stepchild.
  • Their parents. The number of local employees that an employer must employ to qualify for an EntrePass is now doubled for each level of pass.


If the applicant is applying at the ICA

  • Photocopy of your passport’s bio-data page.
  • Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card
  • Recent photo

Additional documents required based on the purpose of travel:

For spouses:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Document showing the highest level of education of both spouses
  • Divorce certificate, for either partner, in case one of you has had a divorce in the past.
  • Letter of Long-Term Visit Pass Eligibility (LLE) (If applicable.)

For dependant child:

  • Child’s Birth Certificate
  • Parent’s divorce or custody documents (if applicable)

For parents of Singapore citizens/permanent residents:

  • Child’s birth certificate
  • Adoption papers (if applicable)

For a foreign graduate seeking employment in Singapore: 

  • Certificate with highest academic achievement.

Mother/Grandmother of Student Pass holder:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce certificate/custody documents, if applicable.
  • The Student Pass holder’s passport
  • The student’s Pass Card
  • For mother: Child’s birth certificate
  • For grandmother: Child’s birth certificate and birth certificates of his/her parents.

Foreign visitor wanting to give birth in Singapore:

  • Marriage certificate
  • Letter from local doctor informing about the mother’s due date and whether there are any complications.
  • Letter from the mother’s embassy/high commissioning, informing that the child will receive the mother’s nationality, as well as a valid passport.


  • Identity Card
  • Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the past three years
  • Central Provident Fund (CPF) Statement for the past 12 months which shows the monthly CPF contributions.
  • Letter of employment, which shows the start date, position, and monthly salary.
  • If self-employed:
    • Valid registration certificate issued from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
    • The company’s Profit and Loss Statement over the last 12 months.

If the applicant is applying at the MOM

For common law spouses (one of the following):

  • A copy of the common law certificate
  • A letter from the embassy confirming that, in accordance with their regulations, the applicant and their partner are regarded to be in a common-law relationship
  • a notarized affidavit from you confirming that, in accordance with the laws of the native country, the applicant and their partner  are in a common-law relationship.

Stepchildren that are younger than 21:

  • a copy of the court’s decision on the custody of the child
  • If the child is under the age of twelve, the Health Promotion Board will send the applicant a letter stating that the other parent does not object to the child traveling to Singapore and verifying the necessary vaccinations.

Dependent children older than 21: 

  • Doctor’s letter or report regarding the condition of the child.


  • Applicant’s birth certificate, which includes the names of their parents.


If the applicant qualifies for the LTVP issued by the ICA

  • The applicant must have a Singaporean citizen or permanent resident with a SingPass account in order to submit an application for a Long Term Visit Pass. They act as the applicant’s sponsor and submit the application using ICA’s e-Service*, which is accessible through their website.

The applicant will require an authorised visa agent, strategic partner, or another local partner with a SingPass account if they do not have a relative who is a Singaporean citizen or permanent resident.

To file an application, all sponsors must be at least 21 years old.

  • The applicant must apply for the LTVP at least 10 days prior to the expiration of the standard Visit Pass while they are currently in Singapore.
  • The applicant must use a legitimate credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express (AMEX) credit card, or Internet Direct Debit) to pay the S$30 non-refundable processing charge.

After that, they must wait for the LTVP to be processed, which could take up to six weeks. The ICA may get in touch with the applicant and their sponsor during this time to request additional paperwork or to schedule an interview.

  • For the LTVP itself, the applicant must pay a fine of S$60 (through ICA’s eService). They might also be needed to pay extra costs, such as a Multiple Journey Visa, depending on the situation.

The LTVP will expire if the payments are not paid.

The applicant will also receive an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter from the ICA. The IPA letter contains information on the supporting documentation they must bring while visiting the ICA offices to complete the last step of the LTVP application.

The applicant must schedule an appointment in advance.

If the applicant qualifies for the LTVP issued by the MOM

  • If the applicant is a foreign worker who is in Singapore with an EP or S Pass, they cannot apply for the family members’ LTVP. Instead, their employer or appointed employment agent (EA) has to lodge the application on their behalf at EP Online (available at MOM’s website). For this type of LTVP, the family member does not have to be in Singapore as the application is being processed.
  • The application for the family member’s LTVP may be submitted by the employer/EA at either time:

At the same time they apply for the applicant’s employment pass

After the applicant is in Singapore and want to bring the family member to live with them.

  • The employer/EA must submit an application through EP Online*, where they must upload the necessary files and pay a processing fee of S$105. Each family member must submit an application separately, hence there is a charge for each one.

In most cases, the application is processed in three weeks. The employer is required to print and mail the family members an in-principle approval (IPA) letter once they acquire their Pass. They can enter Singapore using the IPA letter. They may enter within six months if you are an EP holder using their IPA letter. The validity period for S Pass holders is two months.

The applicant must use EP Online to apply for the family member’s LTVP after they arrive in Singapore. A further cost of S$225 must be paid for each Pass.

When the Pass Card is processed, the applicant will receive a notice letter allowing the family member to enter and exit Singapore. Additionally, it contains details about whether they must have their photograph and fingerprints taken. After meeting all conditions, the family members will receive their Pass Cards in four days.


Depending on the application’s purpose, the LTVP may last up to two years in each situation.

The Pass’s length is the same as that of the foreign worker’s Employment Pass if the applicant wishes to join a family member who is already in Singapore.

Refer to the Singapore employment pass to know more.


A Long-Term Visit Pass may be renewed up to six months before its expiration. You must submit your application before the deadline.

When the applicant receives the renewal documents in the mail, three months before the pass expires, dependents of Employment Pass (sponsorship) and Entrepass holders can begin the application process for a renewal. 

The application must be submitted at least two months before the pass expires.

It can be renewed by the employer or appointed employment agent (EA).

Canceling the pass

A cancellation request may be made up to 14 days in advance.

The pass does not need to be cancelled if it has already expired. If the pass holders are still in Singapore, the applicant has to offer them a legitimate stay and ask for a Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP). Otherwise, a fine for overstaying will be assessed.

The LTVPs for the family members will also be cancelled when the work pass holder’s pass is cancelled.

It is not necessary to revoke the LTVP if the LTVP holder becomes a Singapore permanent resident. It will be automatically cancelled.

Reach out to us at Relin Consultants for further assistance.


What is Singapore Long Term Visit Pass Plus?

The Singapore Long Term Visit Pass Plus is available to spouses of Singaporean citizens or Permanent Residents.

The LTVP+ entitles the holder to a three-year initial stay in Singapore, which may be extended up to five further years. Benefits related to employment and health are available to LTVP+ holders.

However, having at least one Singaporean kid is a requirement for LTVP+ eligibility. If the applicant has been married for at least three years without having a child, you can still be eligible.

What is the Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)?

The Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) is a type of visa issued by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) of Singapore. It is designed for eligible foreigners who are married to Singapore citizens or permanent residents, or who have children who are Singapore citizens or permanent residents, to stay in Singapore for a longer duration.

Who is eligible for the Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)?

The following individuals are eligible for the Singapore LTVP:

  • Spouse of a Singapore citizen or permanent resident 
  • Unmarried child (below 21 years old) of a Singapore citizen or permanent resident
  • Handicapped child (above 21 years old) of a Singapore citizen or permanent resident 
  • Stepchild or legally adopted child (below 21 years old) of a Singapore citizen or permanent resident

How long is the validity of the Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)?

The validity of the Singapore LTVP depends on the sponsor’s citizenship:

  1. If the sponsor is a Singapore citizen, the LTVP can be issued for up to 5 years initially and can be renewed thereafter. 
  2. If the sponsor is a permanent resident, the LTVP can be issued for up to 2 years initially and can be renewed thereafter.

Can Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) holders work in Singapore?

Yes, LTVP holders are allowed to work in Singapore. However, they are required to obtain a Letter of Consent (LOC) from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) before they can start working.

Can Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) holders apply for permanent residency?

Yes, LTVP holders are eligible to apply for permanent residency in Singapore under the Family Ties Scheme. However, approval is not guaranteed and is subject to the prevailing immigration policies of Singapore.

Can Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) holders study in Singapore?

Yes, LTVP holders are allowed to study in Singapore. However, they need to obtain a Student’s Pass from the respective educational institution they wish to enrol in.

Can Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) holders apply for healthcare benefits?

LTVP holders are not eligible for healthcare benefits under the Singapore healthcare system. However, they are required to have valid medical insurance coverage during their stay in Singapore.

How can I apply for the Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)?

The application for LTVP can be submitted online through the ICA’s e-Service portal. The application must be sponsored by a Singapore citizen or permanent resident who meets the eligibility criteria.

What documents are required for the Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) application?

The documents required for the LTVP application may vary depending on the specific circumstances. However, generally, the following documents are required:

  • Completed and signed LTVP application form 
  • Passport-sized photograph 
  • Passport biodata page 
  • Marriage certificate (for spouse) or birth certificate (for child) 
  • Sponsor’s Singapore citizenship or permanent residency proof 
  • Sponsor’s employment or income documents 
  • Any other supporting documents as requested by ICA

How long does it take to process the Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) application?

The processing time for LTVP applications varies and can take several weeks to a few months. It is recommended to submit the application well in advance and allow sufficient time for processing.